R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi mini B 1/16th 2wd buggy
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2021, 09:03 PM
RCTecher1337
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tfrahm
The Gen 1 springs I tested were new old stock - the new springs were technically for the "T" 2.0 since I was trying to compare apples to apples. The Gen 1 springs are about .2" longer than the 2.0 springs. Other than the small difference in length, the springs all seem interchangable, and it is interesting that the "soft", "medium", and "firm" springs seem very close from 1.0 to 2.0 rates.

There is, of necessity, some variance in the ratings since my rig requires me to measure everything manually - I measure the unloaded length of each spring, then I put around 12 oz of weight on it and I measure again. The difference in length for the known weight allows me to then calc the spring rate, but as I said it is all manually measured...
Awesome, great info, thank you.

For those of you that are having trouble with the stock servo, you may be able to fix it yourself. I have had my servo go dead and get stuck a few times and have been able to bring it back to life. Remove the servo from the chassis, remove the 4 screws on the bottom of the servo, carefully pull apart, and realign the gears, you should be able to do this by pressing down on them, reassemble. This has worked every time for me so far.

I think I may have been given bad info regarding the re-release of the MIP diff and my diff case is leaking grease, I'm down to a 15t pinion and my motor is still running hot, so I need to rebuild sooner than later. Does anyone know of any grease that is heavier than AE black grease, I've seen Bad Horsie's, but it may be a little too thick.

Last edited by RCTecher1337; 01-16-2021 at 04:56 PM.