R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The ART of R/C Gas Car Racing
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2005, 03:07 AM
mikemyers
Tech Addict

The "history" part of thing I can do right now. I've already got the story done - just need to change the images back from black-and-white (as intended to be printed in the old magazine) back to color images. These go back to the 1970's.

That's quite different from what this topic was originally about, which is a lot of information Art has gathered over the years. Art's way of explaining things is quite different from others - if you've read what Art has already written, you'll see that he concentrates more on the "why" of things, than the "what".

It's real easy to tell people "what" to do, but that's not a good way to do things. For a silly example, a dozen things could be identified as worth changing on a 1/12 scale carpet car that won't turn properly.... none of which will help if the driver doesn't happen to notice that his car is so low to the ground that the chassis is dragging on the carpet, which is the REAL reason why the car won't turn.

Understanding "why" different changes help influence the behavior of the car is a lot more useful, as the driver is more likely to pick the appropriate thing to change.

Anyway, point taken - within a few weeks I'll get the 'history' article posted.