R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Ultima RB7 Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2020, 10:36 AM
Milkdudd
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dmcguire
The RB7 rear arms are the same, shock mounting hole wise. The difference is the outer hub pivot is now a plastic insert that can be flipped to give a wide/narrow width. Both are gull type. The original RB6 had the flat rear arms.
Yes that threw me for a loop when building my rb7ss. When the manual has you attach the arms to the chassis they show the inserts going in at that point. Later on when you go to install the hubs it shows the arms without the inserts. That got me thinking that I seemed to remember a manual supplement sheet in the box so I went to look at it. It showed me that the brass spacers I had leftover when I assembled the rear hubs should have gone in between the bearings. The SS model has different axles and spacers and doesn't show the brass spacers being used. I thought they should still go in but decided to follow the manual. When I went and found that supplement it had me disassembling and putting them in, a little frustrating but not terrible. Just glad I caught it or I could have run the car indefinitely with no spacer between the bearings in the rear hubs