R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3 Racing Sakura Advance 21M
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2020, 08:34 PM
RedDevil13
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (95%+)

Originally Posted by moparSRT
21M was designed with the motor further back to increase rear traction on asphalt tracks, not a mistake ... it was specifically designed that way. Will it work ?? time will tell.
I have the 20M, the S64, and the 21M. I race on a small asphalt track (indoors). The 20M is far superior to the 21M specifically because I cant seem to get rear grip with the 21M. The S64 is very good but I have breakage issues with the all plastic construction. We have broken a few bellcranks, the rear hubs need to be aluminum because we keep pulling the ballstuds out, and plastic shocks dont have the bleeder hole in the caps which makes them much harder to build well. I was really hoping the 21M was a carbon version of the 64, but I didnt research before I bought it. Determined to make it work, but not happy that I bought it. The 20M is a DREAM to drive, like I can go into a trance and just let it drive itself.

I have never driven on any other track so I cannot compare it to outdoor asphalt or any form of carpet. And my cars are USGT rules, USGT motor, blinky, tires, bodies, 1380g weight... all that

I also have the FF21 on the way for a FWD class. Cant wait for that to arrive. I have the schumacher mission and I despise the car. For $225, its a fiberglass and plastic kit with the worst shocks and steering design i have ever seen.

As a reference, I am currently running 8.5s laps with the 20M, fastest I have turned was an 8.3. The 21M I can only get to about 8.9-8.8 range. I will say my friend likes a car that is very loose in the rear and he is able to drive my 21M to a 8.6 lap.