R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Ultima RB7 Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2020, 11:30 PM
Milkdudd
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dcerven94
Does anyone have a solution for the sloppy plastic ball inserts that go in the shock ends and shock caps?
The plot keeps thickening on this fine kit. The steel Associated pivot balls that I showed in the post above are an absolute perfect fit........ With the short course plastic shock caps. The caps on the buggy are the same part number with a -B at the end of it. They are .1 mm smaller hole measured with a caliper. I know it's a concave type hole but it still gets the point across. With the buggy caps those inserts go in but don't pivot freely. With a little fine sanding and some grease I'm sure they'll be just fine. They won't work at the other end of the shock as the shock rod end holes are smaller than the shock caps holes. Actually the plastic balls provided in the kit are a perfect fit for the rod ends but I don't want to use the plastic ones so I'll come up with something that works, I hope. I don't want to run AE rod ends to make a good fit but it might come down to that. I'll let everyone know what I come up with