R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - XRAY T4'21 Spec
Thread: XRAY T4'21 Spec
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2020, 07:35 PM
Tremor24
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Interesting thing about toe from inboard rear pills, you cannot correct the toe "difference" shown on a standard setup guage (i.e. plate like on the Hudy) by changing the inboard pills. A difference shown on the gauge for inboard toe in is not what you may think.

I know this sounds strange and unbelievable, if you don't believe me, as you shouldn't just take my word for it, set one side to 5 degrees and the other side to 1 degree and look at what it says on the guage. Look at the wheels and it will be absolutely obvious that one side is ~5 degrees and the other at ~1 degree (just observation based). Compare to the guage, and you may doubt everything you know. 😋

Before you attempt to correct this by using mismatched pills and make your rear toe far worst, perform that experiment. Just as interesting, if you try to correct ("tweak") your toe difference by shifting the suspension mount slightly, which ive noticed is common, you actually make any correction TWICE as bad by doing so!

There is a simple reason for this, and a just as simple reason that the guage shows this mismatch, I'll leave that as spoiler for now. 😉