R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3racing F109
Thread: 3racing F109
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2020, 04:13 PM
WhiteLX
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Finally got my F109 to the track. Reedy 25.5 motor. Front suspension is standard F104, rear has been converted to use Associated side springs and the battery is a shorty run across the chassis. One issue I am having is rear traction. The surface is low traction bumpy asphalt parking lot. I have had to turn the throttle profile all the way down on my Speed Passion Reventon speed control. Many times with throttle application it will kick the rear out to the right side and spin. I am using Volante medium blue front and asphalt super soft pink rear with SXT 3.0 applied to the rear tires only. Coming out of corners I have to be very careful on throttle application or it's going to go around, even with the punch dialed all the way out. I've got to make sure it's going straight before I apply full throttle. This is with a 25.5, and most guys around here are running 21.5 now.

I have 35wt in the center shock, the softest tamiya neon red TC spring, and tamiya soft F1 front springs. It's been a while since setup, but I believe I have the soft associated side spring and 80wt in the roll damper. I did add some preload to the side springs and it did seem to help traction while cornering. I've also dialed quite a bit of steering out of it with the D/R on the transmitter (45% now).

Is there any kind of F1 tuning guide out there? Like what to do if you are experiencing xxxx issue.

The other problem is the ball diff. I am using the 3racing version of the out tuned diff. I cannot get it tight enough where it doesn't slip when it does actually get traction. It was far worse when I had the throttle profile turned up to standard punch.

Last edited by WhiteLX; 11-20-2020 at 04:38 PM.