R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/27th Budget Build - Atomic AMR
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2020, 10:36 AM
EMU
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SchumacherGT12
Before I order an Atomic AMR I have a few questions about making this as budget friendly as possible...

1) If I ordered the no eletronics kit could I set it up similar to a stock "brushed mini z"?
Would it be possible to use the mini-z AAAx4 battery tray instead of the 2s 7.4v lipo? (i'm sorry if its not called a battery tray, I don't know it's real name is)

2) I'm finding it hard to find the 2s lipos for these things in canada both online and offline. If I buy the brushless kit could I use the x4 AAA tray instead of 2s lipo?

3) What is the cheapest transmitter+receiver combo's? (i'm afraid the radio ill order, the receiver will be to big)

4) The manual doesn't specify any tools. What tools would I need to put this together ?

If you guys have any other suggestions to make this as budget friendly as possible, i'm all ears.
Check out mini car club of Canada (mc3). MC3 - Mini Car Club of Canada: Mini-Z and dNano Tracks in Toronto Canada
They may be your best option for mini-z/ micro RC.

To my knowledge, the AMR is no longer produced, and option/ replacement parts are getting harder to source. There is no easy way to make them 4xAAA compliant, spacial and electronics constraints makes it quite difficult. The servos appropriate operate at 6v, and running them lower voltage slows them to the point that it would hinder performance considerably.