R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TC Euro's 2002
Thread: TC Euro's 2002
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2002, 12:16 AM
Boomer
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Kenneth Tan

Joe,

Your world seems to be limited to the USA. In Singapore, there are probably only 2 TC3s that actually run in local races. I also BELIEVE that the TC3 is NOT too popular in other parts of Asia as well.
Actually, Kenneth, his world is more limited to Europe (where he is writing from and commenting about. . .) and mine is limited to the USA (where I am writing from and commenting about) and yours seems limited to SE Asia (where you are writing from and commenting about) - we all can only see what we can see (duh. . . )

Every car has its failings. If TC3 is so superior, how come there WAS a batch of left and right rear hub carriers that had unequal amounts of toe-in? If the TC3 is so superior, how come the the arms broke like cookies? If the TC3 is so superior, but why isn't it EVER the World Champ? Judging from the way you are praising it, the TC3 MUST BE filling the top mains and winning EVERY race, EVERYWHERE!
Perhaps not winning every race, everywhere, but if you look at the listings of the A-Mains in a majority of races (I point to ROAR and Norrca since they are in the USA, where I am writing from and commenting about) they do fill about half of nearly all A-Mains.

The hubs are a problem, yes. Dumb thing, but fixable. The arms were only fragile if you hit things hard with them - the only arms I ever saw that didn't break were from HPI (flexible) and the old old Yok YR4 arms (completely solid) - and neither of these cars show up in A-Mains anymore. . .you tell me. . .

Kenneth
Just my two cents, but I think that the car is integral, although a great driver can drive just about anything. A great driver driving a great car will beat a great driver driving a merely good car, barring luck.