R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Chicagoland R/C Raceway, Tinley Park, IL
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2005, 12:20 PM
Walt
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

We don't have any pictures of this year's off-road layout, but the area is the same as those pictures (if that means anything). That old layout was basically 4 straightaways with 180's on the ends... not much fun. The current layout is more fun. No 'big air' on the current layout, but that can be changed for future layouts. The off-road track directors need your input in these first few races to figure out what to change, if anything.

I was thinking that we wouldn't conflict with AJ's since he runs off-road this year on Sundays, but I didn't think about those of you that want to run both on-road and off-road. Tony and Frank are really debating whether or not it's worth while to keep the off road track in Tinley this year, so I'd say that if you think you'll want to run off-road on Saturdays at all this summer, you probably should come to these first couple of races to show your support before they decide there isn't enough turnout to justify the work.

That said, I'm going to AJ's (but I'm not an off-road guy).

As for the on-road points series, the two supported classes are nitro and electric touring cars. There will be trophies for at least the entire A-main and some of the B, however, Leisure Hours is sponsoring this first race, so they are supplying the trophies and can decide which trophies to supply.

Also, for those that have not heard, we'll have some nice give-aways (via raffle ticket) at our points races this year. Things like bodies, tires, fuel and even Airtronics radios (you can see our list of points series sponsors on the lower left side of our home page).

And parking/pitting shouldn't be nearly the problem it was last year. There is a very large gravel area for pits (150' x 150', at least) directly to the south of the track. But if you must have a 'track side' pit, get there early. And there is electricity right at that south end of the track, so bring with your own 50' or 100' extension cord, and you'll have your own outlet to plug it into. If you don't need electricity, there are many more 'track side' pit spaces along the East side and at the North end of the track that are nice, but don't have AC outlets nearby.

Overall, we've got a pretty nice location for racing this year.