R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - new to on road. looking for scale car
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2020, 12:23 PM
Smaug
Tech Adept

I'm glad you posted this. I'm thinking about the same thing. First road car, but one that can actually handle real roads and not just perfect, clean parking lots.

I'm leaning toward the Kyosho Fazer Mk. II with the Chevelle body. I'll probably sell the radio system and just put a Futaba receiver in, so the fact that Kyosho's radio is much nicer makes it worth more, even though it costs less. When the brushed motor goes, I'll decide whether to go brushless or if it's fast enough as-is.

Compared to Traxxas, the Kyosho costs the same with a nice scale body as the Traxxas does withOUT a body.

I have this same chassis in my off-road Rage Fazer 2.0. It's great. Much lighter than Traxxas. If you won't be using their connectors, the Deans that come on Kyosho don't require cutting down of the leads to solder your choice of connector on, like the Traxxas do. The battery tray is more flexible, with its simple (and light) velcro strap.

In your case, since you like the Ford GT, it might be money well spent just to go with that, along with the aforementioned reasons.