R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - new to on road. looking for scale car
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2020, 07:34 AM
soulstice
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

If scale looks are the priority than I'm gonna lean heavily on Tamiya. Their Mustang GT4 body is quite nice if you're interested in Mustangs.

The detail and execution of the mold, extensive decals, available interiors etc are all some of the best in the business. Now the great thing about 1/10 onroad RC chassis is that the wheelbases stay pretty consistent so you don't have to run a Tamiya chassis under the body so keep that in mind. I also prefer not seeing the body posts and there's lots of magnetic options available now so you don't have to see the body posts.

My kids run TT02 and I think they're a perfectly fine platform to run scale bodies and are durable. The XV01 rec above is a good one because it's sealed. Depending on what type of body you want to run in the future, it my not be viable if you want more of a super car profile as the shock towers need to be low. That's why I still have a TA05 V2 because it has inboard shocks and a low front middle profile and is one of the few chassis that I can run my Mclaren F1 body on.

Another one to look into is MST. I've been interested in MST because they're doing some interesting stuff both from a body and chassis standpoint but don't have first-hand experience with one so can't recommend.