R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/10 4x4 Short Course
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2020, 06:44 AM
billdelong
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

The 4WD SCT class in my area has been hit and miss over the past 10+ years I've been racing. It seems every couple of years we will peak with 15-20 drivers regularly showing up, but lately we're averaging only around 5-10 drivers.

The biggest problem I see with the class is the ROAR restriction of 2S LiPo which is absurd to me. This negatively effects reliability and drastically increases operating costs for the class with shortened battery lifespan and shorter mains when compared to 1/8 buggy. At the very least they should open the class up to 3S, while still requiring a 3660 can and then folks won't be melting their electronics anymore, that's the #1 class killer IMO.

In contrast, what I love the most about SCT is tire wear is so much less expensive than 1/8 buggy it's insane, plus you never have to worry about your tires getting unglued! I'm trying to prove to the locals in my area that we need to switch over to 3S and all our problems will go away, just a crying shame someone at ROAR can't fix this glaring issue