R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Reviving electric on road
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2020, 07:44 AM
Zerodefect
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mrreet2001
This tread started off asking about reviving 12th (17.5). I don't disagree that WGTR is a great class for beginners. I just don't see it being the same stepping stone to 17.5 12th as 12GT is.

By the time you buy all the different chassis parts you might as well buy a new kit from my experience. With 12Gt you just need a new motor, new body and maybe new tires.

Do you mean at the same time?
No, I run two classes. 1/12 17.5, and WGTR. Since both my 12 and my WGTR are from CRC. I can use either car as spare parts for the other. Or one spare front suspension can be used on either car. Cuts the cost of, self stocked, tuning and repair parts in half. It has to be the cheapest way to run onroad.

Same esc, same batteries, bearings, motor, suspension, springs, servo. A spare 12 kit could serve as a parts car for both classes.

I don't want to bash 12gt too much. But when I want to run a scale GT body, that's what USGT and WGTR are for. They lost me with excessive rules. Spec gears. Especially the spec Esc, I don't want to run that esc. WGTR has a larger pillow body as well, for absorbing crashes.

I'm not buying the ''video game'' argument either. Ya'll have been tooting that horn since the 80's. If anything, I think the early 90's was the peak of gaming. Now it's just a way to waste time. Nobody dedicates their entire Saturday to gaming. And now gaming costs as much as rc.