R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Brand new stock Arrma Senton ESC/Motor problems
Old 07-25-2020, 12:40 PM
Liquid_Ice
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Unhappy Brand new stock Arrma Senton ESC/Motor problems

Well I let my coworker drive my 1/8 buggy with the 1/8th sidewinder brushless combo and he was hooked on how fun it was and picked himself up an Arrma Senton 3s. He said it was fun but had this weird issue where it took a second for full throttle to engage. I gave it a test drive and sure enough if the vehicle is stopped and you floor it, it goes slow for a second and then full power kicks in. Rather annoying. If the vehicle was in tall grass or had any sort of resistance at all it would try to move and then cut out because it couldn't get moving fast enough to engage its full power. If this happened three times the motor stopped working completely and you only had steering and you had to turn your ESC on and off again to get it to work again. I told him to take it back to the hobbyshop as I figured something was wrong with it, he demonstrated that if he held his foot against the truck it would just not go at all. Hobby store claimed this was normal and it was just cogging. My 1/8 buggy has the unsensored sidewinder ESC, so it cogs if I try to crawl around and super low speed but whenever I fully engage my throttle, stopped or not, it fully engages at the vehicle. Does anyone have any idea on what is going on with my friends new Senton?

Arrma Senton 3S with BLX100
Gens Ace 5000mah 2s 50c
Awanfi 5000mah 3s 60c