R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekno SCT410.3 vs Proline Pro-SC
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2020, 01:57 PM
John Wallace2
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by mosquito
I’ve been in the hobby for 9 years and read RCTech a lot over the years but just now signed up.

I’ve been thinking of a Tekno sct410.3 or Proline pro-sc. I like some options on the Proline like the 17mm hexes, but afraid Proline will discontinue it and it seems to need more expensive upgrades. It’s for bashing only. Thoughts or recommendations between the two?

Thinking of outfitting either with a Hobbywing Max10, 2600 kv (4268 size) motor or something similar, Reefs servo, and other recommended upgrades like TBone front/rear bumpers, steel CVD pins, upgraded A block, aluminum chassis braces (M2C center chassis brace looks discontinued). Read Bill Delong’s build thread and he gave a good list of required upgrades.

Has anyone used the Turnigy xk motors? Looks like decent option & cheaper. With the 2400 – 2800 kv motors, I think 3s is the sweet spot but like to have the 2s & 4s option. Is a 3660-size motor in the 3200 - 4000kv range better?

Thanks for all your help.
Don't know anything about the Proline truck or the motors you are talking about: however I do Know Tekno AND have been racing the original version of the SCT410 now for 7 years and other than bearings and maintenance items I've replaced only two broken parts. Get a Tekno - even for bashing!!!. I know Bill and he builds great stuff and is a great racer so he knows what he is talking about when it comes to TEKNO and setup. As far as motors goes I use the Tekin PRO4 4300HD. Its a 550 can 4 pole motor with lots of torque and because I race at locations with different battery rules I've run that motor with 2, 3, and 4 cell batteries. I know you are not suppose to but I got tired of changing out the motor each time I went to a different track so I just detune it with my radio when I run it with more than a 2 cell battery (no other changes except I change the ESC for the number of cells). Unless you are looking to set a land speed record, its probably all the motor you will need. The tracks I've run on here are not hard surface, high traction tracks and even with 2S batteries I've never yet unleased all the potential of that motor - the truck is much faster (and controllable) if the wheels are not just spinning in the dirt.