R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekno SC210RT shortcourse conversion forum
Old 07-04-2020, 01:05 PM
John Wallace2
Tech Fanatic

I have posted some of my concerns/disappointment with the new ProStar ET210 Short Course Truck (SCT) conversion kit on the Tekno EB410.2 thread, one being the lack of tabs for the rear droop screws. I sent ProStar a detailed email documenting those concerns and recommendations for making their product world class like those marketed by Tekno and Team Associated - sadly to date no response! To be honest the chassis itself (other than the droop screws) is awesome offering much flexibility for my experimenting and projects - only the documentation for adding those option parts is lacking - IMO VERY LACKING!. With their lack of response, I started experimenting and found better, stronger, and simpler ways to do the Front and Rear bumpers USING MOSTLY TEKNO PARTS, and identified alternative body mounts than the option parts offered by ProStar (although the recommended Tekno SCT410.3 body mounts will work; they require extensive modification and the rear mounts after modification may not work with your SCT body). I did find a different non Tekno rear body mount in my parts box made by Pro Line that works better than the modified Tekno part but I have no Idea what the PL part number is, so I suggest you contact ProStar and find out what rear body mount they use in their picture (similar to what is used by Lowe'48s in his picture below) and purchase that item rather than using the Tekno body mount for the rear.

I posted those modifications using mostly Tekno SCT410 parts on the Tekno RC ET410 thread. Instead of reposting them here, I just refer anyone interested to check out that thrread if you want your ProStar SCT210 SCT to be TEKNO STRONG! If interested, PM me and I will email you pictures of the modifications.

After seeing the pictures below I bought some material and will fashion a plate similar to what Lowe's48 did so I can use the rear set screws. Thanks for the idea!

Last edited by John Wallace2; 07-04-2020 at 01:26 PM.