R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Corner
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2002, 07:01 AM
Darkseid
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Impactplayr: Well in my own humble opinion, maybe you should take a look at the instruction manual before you dole out judgements about other peoples "mistakes". Go ahead, take a look at step (2). In the assembly diagram it shows the pulley fence going on with the ridges facing inward. But, in the final assembly photo on that same page it shows the pulley fence going on with the ridges facing outward. Now is that a mistake I made when I made the manual? Don't think so! Schumacher could have simply made a one piece pulley and this wouldn't be an issue. Or at least got the manual right. As for not hearing of this from anyone but me, it also happened to fellow board member CIVIC91's pulley, and if you read down this very thread a bit, you'll hear of others having the same problem. But, just keep telling yourself, I'm the only one! I also tried putting it on the other way, and guess what, the pulley fence broke while I was trying to do it. I plan on starting with a new set of pulleys and trying to put the fence on the other way(which is apparently the correct way). But as I said, cosidering the car cost about $270, they could have eaten the extra production cost of producing pulleys without fences. But don't tell me its my fault they didn't, or that they couldn't decide which way was right in their manual.

King-G: I would be glad to replace the pulley with the Aluminum one. But I heard that one has TWO pulley fences. Seems like I would only be doubling my problem. Do those actually stay on?