R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RC Cornering Technique
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2020, 11:01 AM
IndyRC_Racer
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I would like to see some videos concerning how to become a better racer, not go faster.

Too often in this hobby we focus on how to setup our cars better or turn faster laps times. But who teaches us how to race properly to maximize each run on the track. The nature of qualifying in this hobby can often lead to the fast guys EXPECTING the slower guys to get out of their way. Of course it is good race etiquette to not impede the faster drivers or better cars. What isn't fun for anyone is if less experiences racers are weaving out of the way and the fast guys are being overly aggressive on the track or stand.

If you watch the top levels of racing in this hobby, those drivers are very good at what they do when racing against an equal skill set. But have you ever taken the time to watch the best drivers race or practice against the least experienced in this hobby? Usually the best in this hobby have been racing long enough to handle adverse conditions. But just because you are fast doesn't mean you know how to race. I can't count how many times that I've seen "fast" guys who have no racing patience, don't know how to setup a pass against a car that is slightly slower than them, or aren't able to put themselves in a good position to get around an erratic or novice driver.

Learning proper racing techniques and driving lines WILL improve anyone's laps times. But knowing how to pass or be passed in traffic can often make the difference between a better qualifying run and a broken vehicle. We can't always have the best car, best setup, or take the best line through each turn, but we can always maximize each run on the track by not being involved in any self-inflicted accidents.

----------

I forgot to add...Thanks for taking the time to make/share your videos.