R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Mini-Z Series
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2020, 02:29 AM
Traveler2
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mbykerman
Thanks for the info. I have 2 new packs of MZT301-20, but I have had them since maybe 2008 maybe older. The newer tire looks a little larger and more rounded. Is this true? Not that I wont use them, cause they have been sealed in the package and I had them in a ziplock bag. I have a MR02 LM that I bought brand new back with all these tires and other hopups, but moved from Michigan to Tennessee and nobody ran the Mini z's so it just kind of became a shelf queen with my other mini z stuff. Funny how things eventually comes back around.
I like the LM tires on cars running LM bodies and wheels, and still run them on some of my cars. When my LHS was still open near Charlotte, we ran an LM class that required both LM sized wheels (17mm front, 20mm rear diam) and Kyosho LM tires. Some complain about the rears not hooking up well, but that was never an issue with 70T motors for me once they were trued flat. The fronts hook up nicely, but I've never tried 20 fronts. I use 20 rears and 30 or 40 fronts, always trued. They have a wider contact patch than the racer tires and last a lot longer. I've used Kyosho tires I've had for more than 10 years and can't tell the difference. Unlike other brands, they don't seem to deteriorate with age. I'd throw them on and take it for a spin, but depending on what body came with the MR-02 LM, you may need to reinforce the nose first. The 962s were very weak in the nose.