R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Puffed Used Battery
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2020, 05:52 PM
Mirkinator
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Troubles Dad
I did a quick search and seen who you bought it from and the pic that was shown it appears the tape is coming off but pics lie, so you charged it and rctech people have no idea on what your settings are, voltage cut off or run time but you said it was in a scte and when I run my truck the battery gets hot and can make 8 minutes if I am lucky so I think their is another side to this and it would be nice if the seller had some say in this
this is just my opinion
When it comes to the settings it was balance charged with max voltage of 8.40v(4.2 per cell) @5amps on a Venom Pro duo. I charged a total of 4 of my 2 cells lipos. Running a hobbywing xr8 Sct with the hobbywing 3660 combo that currently has the auto cutoff voltage setting that cuts out at 6.2v for a 2 cell. I ran all 4 batteries until cut off, which usually gives about 15min runtime. Its wasnt a particularly hard run. This was the last battery for the day and we were all packed up, so I immediately removed the battery to put in the lipo bag. It was warm, but neither the battery or the connectors were hot to the touch. Every other batt has performed this same task flawlessly for years. And they are reaching 3 years old. Why i was looking for another battery in the first place. So did i do something wrong here?