R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - XRC Ernie Provetti Interview: Your thoughts
Old 05-04-2005, 09:25 AM
koabich
Tech Master

Originally posted by losi jon
i agree,whats wrong with manufacturers having a say,they do with real cars...otherwise we would be driving the cleaner electric cars that are available..
Totally incorrect statement. The problem is that all cleaner technology that currently exists today is NOT viable (not talking about hybrids here).

You cannot force companies to adapt a technology that does not exhist or is still in the developement phase. And besides, a very small percentage of the population wants that technology right now. The manufactures can adopt it but what if no one buys it and then what happens to all the gas cars currently on the road? You just cannot stop selling gas and you cannot force people to buy new cars.

Plus if you remove oil from the equation, you might notice that the enitre world ecomony would fail since every ecomony in the world is based on oil!

Back to the point, I am mixed in my decision as to weather or not a manufacture should be on the board. Ideally, the board should be mixed: a couple people form different manufactures (to help keep it balanced so one manufactures deccision does not hurt another) and several form outside the industry or even some racers or race promoters.

If you look at the people who sit on the board of major corporations, you will notice that very few if any people on the board actually work for that company. The board of companies usually always consists of those from outside the company and those from outside the indusrty in question.