R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Tamiya Chassis TC-01
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2020, 06:12 PM
Raman
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Read up on the past 11 pages. Man there are lots of people that dislike Tamiya.

What have the rest of the brands done.. well for the past decade they have moved the motor around, 1mm back, 1mm inward, another mm back another mm inward.. and then last year they did something revolutionary.. they moved it to the centre.. all to get us to buy a new kit. Suddenly my TA05 became relevant again 🤣 needs a little dusting.

I think this is the best design they have come up with in a very long time. Is it over engineered, of course it is but at least they experiment and try different things. This has been their new trend since the TA07.

In 1 post it will handle equivalently to a TT02.. or motor will below 21.5 will be questionable for drive train.

The poor TT02 gets a bad rap.. yes the base kit has plastic parts in important areas like the centre prop shaft. For a little bit more however you can pick up the TT02-S and you can embarrass quite a few drivers of formerly orange / now black with it.. I’ve done in USGT and it was fun! That was way before they released an oil diff for it. 🧐

This chassis will have a lot of uses. Throw on CVD, TRF shocks I could see it easily in USGT, 17.5.

I could also see bashers using this for speed runs.. that chassis is so low down it will sleep right through the wind.

👍 Tamiya