R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Tamiya Chassis TC-01
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2020, 08:39 PM
hkbruin
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

For sure this is the successor to the F201 concept and Tamiya made a brilliant move to partner with Formula E. While Liberty Media has been very anal and overprotective about their branding rights, FormulaE has seized a great opportunity and I’m sure this new platform will gain a big following. The fact that it piggybacks off of proven and available standard components from other cars like the TB05 and M07 will allow robust support for the platform, something the F201 lacked during its time. Despite the limited stock gearing options of the f201, once you upgraded to an aftermarket 3Racing chassis you were able to utilize the TB-01 .04 option spur gear with larger pinions as well. I’m also interested in borrowing the TC-01 rear diff housing and repurpose for the f201 as the rear gearbox was a pain to service.

I will for sure try to adapt the TC-01 to fit the modern f1 car bodies but it seems like the front diff housing is very low to the chassis, which might skew the suspension angle setups. Nonetheless I’m super excited and can’t wait to build up a new car! It’s been too long!