R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kannapolis Raceway Park
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2020, 01:03 PM
Woof6
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default Spec Class

Hi Folks,
Bob K. here. Hope everyone is keeping safe and healthy. Something for everyone to ponder during this hiatus. I have had conversations with Vic about starting a true spec class. Most tracks close because they cannot survive on 20-25 drivers each week. Thy need to bring in new racers to help grow. The class would be the same chassis,battery,, motor, speedo, servo and tires .I've done a ton of reading and in my opinion the Express Execute XQ 1 S is about as perfect a platform out there that there is. It's adjustable, about 95% of the parts from the high end XQ10 will fit, and can be made competitive in other classes. Change the motor, body and tires and you have a VTA .I've put together 2 packages for regulars that would like to run a second class, and for newbies. The "Pro" package would run somewhere around 200.00-225.00 It would include the chassis, battery, speedo, motor, tires and a painted body. We have talked about drift style bodys (Subaru, Mazda, Focus, etc) The beginners kit would include all the above, plus all the tools, setup equipment, radio,glue, safety bag, etc. The cost would be somewhere around 300-325.00. I think its pretty cheap either way. To get started or run a second class. I'm not looking to make money on this. Any $$ I make will go to buying as many spare parts as I can to keep a small supply at the track. If you are interested, or have a child or know someone who would like to get into r/c feel free to pm me for more details You can also reach me on facebook as Bob Kreutzer. When I figure out how to put an Excel file here I will post the entire list of parts. Thanx

Last edited by Woof6; 03-28-2020 at 01:33 PM.