R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2002, 02:17 PM
petenis
Tech Apprentice

dave-
I started running my CRC knife again. I figured out what the problem is but I don't know how to go aout curing it.I'm kind of confused because in one spot of the manual it says that the football is a floating piece to allow the links to be free, but in the steps for intalling the links it says to snug them down tightly which one is it?!?!

Heres what's going on: when I tweak the car to turn equally in both directions, the left side of the rear pod hits and when going areound to the left, the bottom plate hits the ground, making my car loose. so I have to put tweak in it to keep the rear pod from bottoming out. this way the car is almost is drivable, but not at a competitive level since it pushes while turning left. I've tried adjusting the football and if those locknuts are tight, then the pod doesn't move much and the problem is worse. if it is loose then it is still evident but not .5mm off the ground when tight. Im told my a guy on the crc board that the loose plate makes it inconsistent.