R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Back to bashing - need lots of advice
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2020, 11:51 PM
RazorRC
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Well, I owned a DB10, B6.1, and Granite 4x4 BLX. I have videos on all of them on my YouTube channel.

I agree that the B6.1 lite is not a good idea for a basher, it would be too fragile. The lite trades off durability for a lightweight drivetrain.
The Granite is a monster and crazy fast, it goes 50mph on 3S. It feels significantly faster than the DB10 and is tons more durable. Probably the best basher ever made.

Pretty much all the vehicles you're talking about are pretty different. A 2wd race buggy won't drive very well on anything but fairly smooth and flat terrain (extremely short grass, or smooth dirt). A re-release kit would be neat and cool, but considerably fragile and not a very good running car. I'd be afraid to drive it near a bunch of kids with big trucks.

If you really want to bash a race kit, I'd look into a Tekno. Too bad they don't make the EB48SL anymore, but maybe an EB410.2 or SCT410.3 depending on if you want a buggy or truck. If you really want to bash a 2wd buggy kit, I guess I would still get an Associated B6.x. They're pretty durable and easy to get parts.

It will feel like you're driving a miata next to a bunch of monster trucks though!