R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Best Shaft? Pro-4, TC-4, or Yok SD? Opinions Requested!
Old 05-03-2005, 12:06 PM
Soviet
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by Charles
Hello thepitcrew,

"When the TC4 is dialed in, it handles as well as the others. My son actually likes driving it better than the Pro4".

"When" - That's the point for most RC drivers. Most other cars handle well day in and day out. Not so with TCwhatever.

"Frankly, I prefer the Pro4 handling"

- I agree- pro4 is known for handling as are most other cars. The TC3/4 are not. Theres nothing more frustrating than having A CAR THAT HANDLES BAD. I think this has alot to do with poor shocks and etc. Take tamiya for example- they are known for great shocks, why? Are well engineered shocks valuable? YES. Tamiya shocks are purchased for use on other cars.

"The TC4 is not a pile of junk and I care less about resale value and more about fun".

I just don't think it's fun to pay big bucks for a car that's of lower quality. I also don't have fun with a car that does not handle. Maybe I'm wrong. NOT. Ferrari vs. Volkswagon. Yes you can make Volks fast but why. Exercise in futility.

TC4 is of far less quality than most sedans used for racing. I think that qualifies as junk in this instance. If the TC4 was 1/3 the price it would be okay as you would knoe that you were using a car on the cheap and don't want a 1st rate car. But the TC4 is expensive and not a good value for the intended purpose compared to what other manufactures are delivering to the RC racer.

"I would not recommend it to a newbie"

I would recommend the other cars to a newbie if they wanted to race. I think you are agreeing with me, that TC4 is less than ideal and there are better valus elsewhere

Man, you are entitled to your opinion, however TC4s are not low-quality junk. They win all the time at various races around the country.

I think too many people have forgotten that aluminum this and carbon fiber that don't make a car "fast," the driver does.

As for it costing alot, you MUST be high.

TC4 = $199.00
Xray FK '05 = $369.00
JRXS = $350.00
Yoke BD = $390.00