R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Two Scammers - “Lakers” and “ Sanwa12”
Old 03-18-2020, 11:20 AM
TeamSkunkwerks
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)
Exclamation Don't deal with him!!

Originally Posted by Silver99gsx
I have also been working with a Sanwa12 (Poor English), But on RCgroup. I was looking to buy a Kyosho bike from him.. He has a few adds up on RCGroup right now with a bunch of pictures listed on the listing, However I feel I have seen the pictures of the bike he had listed elsewhere. We wrote back and forth a few times, Then the other night he said he will send a invoice over to me.. I then asked for his PayPal email (Because I won't take an invoice from someone, unless I know them and or is a big company). I let him know that I will just add the extra $ for the PayPal fee, Since I only send money as "Goods" .. Took him a day to get back to me... But before then, He would reply within a hour or two.. So that was a big red flag to me.

Then this morning he sent me his PayPal email ([email protected]) to send the money.. I am still hesitant to send the money to him. What do you guys think?? I still see a red flag, But if I send him the money as "Goods" I am still covered through their protection plan. I Am going to ask him if he has any proof of feedback from another site and or eBay.. What I do is if he says he does have feedback on another forum and or eBay, I will write to him on the site he says he is on and see if he reply's or says what am I talking about.
This happened to me a while back, So I asked the person if they had positive feedback on another site.. The guy said yes and gave me a screen name from someone other than him on eBay.. I then wrote to "Him" and a day later the guy writes back to me saying he has no idea what I am talking about. Just have to be careful these days!
He probably gave the PayPal address for you to pay someone else for something he is going to buy. Then he will contact the other person & say "Hey can you ship to this address" or some other BS. Basically, you think you're paying for something he's SELLING, but instead, you're paying for something he's BUYING!!! Bad thing is, the other guy has no idea what's going on, unless he sees that the buyer wants to have the item shipped to another address & that should be a helluva BIG RED FLAG!!