Thread: St Ives RC Club
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2020, 04:12 AM
muvro
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thommo
Hi Joe,
Most of my updates have been posted on the clubs Facebook page.
I need to ensure I post here as well.

Most recent:
Club news update: Council has given ok for our proposal of new drivers stand, very similar/ same as old. We are submitting some final paperwork to get clearance to commence work. Not there yet but progress is still happening. Thanks to Michael T for his persistence with chasing council for decisions at each and very stage. And thanks to everyone else who has contributed to the efforts to get a high quality submission to council and continuing along. It will take a few weeks I suspect to get the stand completed when we get the full OK. Committee is considering a working bee to do some prelim work and to sort new track layout etc. Keep an eye out for further updates, hopefully soon. Thommo

So in addition: We are just trying to get all the council required paperwork re Safe Work/ OH&S/ Insurance stuff, done so Glenn the planned builder, can get under way.
We might need a working bee come early April to sort out digging/ drilling footings for the new stand. We will also look at track layout changes. Unfortunately the big tree inside the track area that stops us using the full space hasn't fallen even with all the recent storms, so we will be still having a track pretty similar to present one.
Work with council has been slow going re steps of progress. But hopefully we will be running some time in April.
Cheers Thommo
we could always go behind the tree like we used to do bitd.

Great news on the progress.