R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho FW-05R
Thread: Kyosho FW-05R
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2005, 06:12 AM
NiMo
Tech Master

Originally posted by cow buster
Congrates Nimo. Slow car but take the lines nice and clean the time would be faster I agree.

50k diff at the front and 600 at the rear Nimo, compare to a 10k rear diff and 50k front diff will your 600rear gives more steering? Have been trying to figure out what's the adv of using harder front. Usually we would run about 30k front with 4k rear on foam tyres of course.

Another question, if the 3 racing rear Ti hinge pin (for FW05RR)the same as the kyosho FW05R rear hinge pin?

Thanks in advance. Thought you had the RRR, not racing it?
I did used to run 30k up front but found 50k gives less diffing out and straighter braking, did try 100k but after 2 runs I went back to 50k.
600 rear as my local track has a banking with a few bumps that would catch the car when off power, and using a thicker rear had the rear stepping out over the bumps, the 600 allowed time to react without causing other handling problems.

V-one S/S2/R/RR/Evo and FW05T/S/R/RR all use the same lower hinge pin in the rear (same suspension arm), if the 3racing item is the same dimensions then it should fit.

Only just started to build the RRR, I'm in no real rush.