R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/18 Buggy/Truck recommendations for very small backyard rc track
Old 03-02-2020, 04:57 PM
slick2500
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gnfam
Thanks for the suggestion. I have the WLToys 144001 1/14 scale buggy which is a clone of the LC Racing EMB buggy, but with a big 540 brushed motor. It's just a little bigger than the A959. It's great when it works, but I'm having issues with getting replacement parts in a timely fashion. I totally expect any and all RC's I have to break with normal use. That's just part of the hobby. But since most of the WLToys replacement parts ship directly from China they take forever to arrive. And now with the coronavirus issues, shipping is delayed even more. My buggy has been sitting on the shelf for about two weeks waiting on a $3 part. The performance is awesome, and most of the parts are much better than the A959. Handles pretty well too. Problem is I can run it without parts.

I won a LaTrax Teton on Ebay for cheap and should get it in a little over a week. Also looking at the TA Reflex 14b/t, because it would probably hold up okay for practice runs at our local indoor 1/10 scale track as well. Unfortunately, the WLToys seems to break something every time we take it to the indoor track.
I have the WL Toys 14001 buggy that I haven't even ran yet and just from looking at it I can tell things are going to break or bend rather fast. However for parts there is good news as a lot of the LC Racing parts will fit on the WL Toys buggy, parts like the shock towers, bulkheads, motor mount, diffs and the center drivetrain will not, LC Racing hubs will fit you just need 4x8x3 bearings for them.