R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - tamiya tt01e or m05?
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2020, 01:51 PM
Constan_The_Man
Tech Rookie

Hye Guerry, I think you pretty much hit the nail. I actually started taking a look at the grasshopper, but then changed into the tt01/m05t based on various recommendations. I guess that's the problem of asking around: everyone is going to tell you what they love most!

But that said, I've changed my approach a little bit: WHile I have already received the box with the new M05, I have not opened it yet. Instead, I've also bought a a second hand team durango RTR (including also the batteries and charges). For the price I'm paying (around 40usd), I'm not sure it's even going to work, but if it does, it will give me an starting idea of how it moves in the dirt. And if it does not work out at all, I'm sure I can scavenge some pieces to use on whatever I end up buying!

That said, and when I talk about buying a new one, I'm limited on what can be bought on Amazon Spain. And unfortunately, there's plenty of low end brands, but not that many better ones. I got a recommendation on RTR packages, and got this list:

Associated - B4.1 RTR (4x2)
Team Losi - TLR22 RTR (4x2)
Durango - DEX210 RTR (4x2)
Team C – Jekyll (4x2)

and none of them was available! Truth be told, this list was about 5 years old, but thing might have changed enough that this is no longer relevant. Any sort of buggy you would recommend me to look for beyond those ones?

Originally Posted by GerryH
If you plan on just having fun driving outside on offroad, then you're probably better off with an offroad truck or buggy. I realize you might like the way something looks, but if driving it around isn't much fun. They will be setup to better handle the dirt and rocks. They will also be more durable.

People have converted their TT01s into Rally cars, but it requires modifications which might be too much for someone new.

What offroad brands are available to you? Traxxas, Losi/TLR, Associated, Kyosho?