R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Legends batteries
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2020, 04:36 AM
Krogers
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Hopscotch
Thanks for the info, I just wanted to get a insight on what is used for big races like snowbirds so I have the stuff on hand, seems like these days it depends on the track. Everyone has their own rules ranging from 2000mah max nimh to 2s to 1s.
I should have mentioned right up front that the Snowbird website posts rules for all the classes. The ones they post for Legends takes you to the original rules for Legends from 2018.

I just did a google to get to their page that lists all the classes and it has a link https://www.snowbirdnationals.com/2020classes.htm
Look on the right side of the page. Look for a small "RJ Speed Rules" link. That link takes you to the 2018 rules.

Unless I was only going to run Legends at tracks took a lot of time and effort to do a rigid inspection of all cars, every race, I really wouldn't build a Legend for those rules. You're stuck with a lot of details that cause a lot of extra effort. I didn't know any better when I first started assembling my first car. Using turnbuckles and ball joints for the steering is way easier and maintainable than the original wire and lock collars. The original rear metal axle bent a couple of times so the last replacement was with a CF and it hasn't yet. so.... just saying.