R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2020 1/10 On-Road Bodies
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2020, 06:40 AM
bighurt98
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default bodies

Originally Posted by trilerian
Reporting back. I finally got to try a dbx body. This was the ultra light, and compared to the Turismo ultralight, it had more rotation and was slightly more "edgy". Mounted 4mm forward and I raised the wing 2mm. Someone at the track got a baybee and said it was too stable for them. That means it is next on my list to try after the lsot I just got. That will take me through the end of rc racing until fall. Golf season is almost here!
I run on high grip black CRC.

I tried these four bodies this past weekend and what you mentioned is what i felt too.
BayBee: very stable, better for medium grip to low grip.
Turismo: stable rotated okay, had good steering. So comfortable to drive clean. Overall, liked!
YSOT: very aggressive body with ton of steering, had to dial steering out early in morning, but as track grip got better was back to normal steering.
rear was the least stable, but very good in main since track grip was high. Overall solid body for high grip with a lot of steering.
Twister: I understand why so many like this body, Good steering and stable. Ran fastest qualifying in session 3 when grip high and car had super rotation but still stable with that comfortable feeling to not drive over your head and be clean.

Depending on track grip level, all are good. My choice for my track is the Twister, but don't dislike any of the bodies. Depends on feel you like when racing!

Hope this helps!