R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Most Fun?
Thread: Most Fun?
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2020, 07:00 AM
Billy Kelly
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lonestar
racing 17.5 2wd is fun, until you have to spend $100 on the motor-of-the-month.

The learning curve is steep in 2wd mod if you start full-blast indeed - hence me recommending to go to a mild mod (like 10.5-ish) and using EPA to tame things down, and racing at the OP's own rythm. But at least you learn something and you don't feel cheated by the other guys based on how deep their wallets are... And some food for thought:
https://www.liverc.com/news/announce...ca_vs._the_UK/

But overall, yes, visit the tracks in your area, and look at the smiles-per-race-kpi
I race for fun. To see where I stand. Nearly all mine were bought used and have done next to nothing with them. I will not get caught up in the motor of the month thing. Fortunately it’s not really a thing in the area. And even if I had the latest motor, I’d still most likely run similar. I simply can’t make up the 10-15-20 years experience the others have. I’ve watched more then once with different cars experienced drivers run times with my cars that years later I still can’t run

And I’m fine with it. I race, but I’m not a racer. I’ll stop if it’s not fun. I don’t need to race to enjoy the hobby. But I’ve liked the racing I’ve done. Even when for two year the closest I got was 2-3 laps down.

Mod 2wheel isn’t reall an option. The carpet track is too small. And the dirt/clay track looks more like combat driving. Far too many are relying on marshals to recover their vehicles on jumps they repeatedly see that can’t make. But continue to “send it “ each lap.