R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TT02 Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2020, 11:32 PM
Lonestar
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I had my son run the S for a season. We couldn't finish a race without breaking the front end at least once per outing. C-hubs are out of stock across the world in most cases (btw this is TRF415 suspension, not 418). It has the worst of both worlds, older racecar suspension fragility with so much slop it's pointless anyway, and el-cheapo tamiya all-the-rest. Pure disaster. A stock TT02 + bearings is a much better choice than a S because the front suspension at least holds itself together... but in all fairness ANY budget racecar (sakura, teamC, heck even the hobbyking clone) is a better choice than a TT02 if you're going to hit the track at all. the next season, I handed him my old Xray T3 2012 over... I think across the whole season he broke one c-hub, (remember the car was already 6 or 7 years old by then)... TT02 is fantastic to have fun on the parking lot with awesome bodies. The moment you hit the track you realize there are MUCH better options that are just marginally more expensive.