R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Mini-Z Series
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2020, 07:09 AM
Billy Kelly
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LJH
The Better Half and Wee man headed to VT last night and I elected to stay home this weekend....First round of the WRC is this weekend in Monte Carlo and Men's World Cup Downhill is at Kitzbuhel so lots of good sporting events to keep me occupied. BTW, Monte Carlo was off to a crazy start today with the 2019 WRC World Champion Ott Tanak crashing out hard on SS4 at over 100mph...... Amazing how strong these cars are as well as a bunch of luck that no one was hurt, that was a scary crash. Here is video of the crash.

On the 70T motor, I was running both my Stock Cars, which have PN70's in them, last night and was thinking about Billy's post on the drag brake. I did some testing coming off the throttle about 2/3rds down the main straight on this months M96WC track and both my Stock Cars coasted a good 10 tiles which includes a 90* turn. This makes me think that Billy has some binding somewhere. How is your gear lash? Can you get a little rock of the spur gear without the pinion moving? Is your left hand wheel nut too tight. do your front wheels have hair wrapped around the axle? Are tires rubbing on the body at all?

I just find it weird that you are experiencing this with two motors and that the results are SO different from what I, and many others, are seeing.

Cheers,
Jim
I’ve become good about checking for debris getting wrapped around front/rear.

Motor went into the bracket tight. But never felt forced. I did remember EMU mentioned that last year. The first motor was very tight. Could not turn the brackets once on the motor. This one I can turn, and unlike the stock motor, the bracket isn’t going to fall off. Probably the quickest I’ve ever had a motor back into the housing.

This is just the start. Unlike last time where fustration took over, not seeing any other options. Knowing that brushless is for races. This is just testing.