R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2020 1/10 On-Road Bodies
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2020, 02:12 PM
Brian10811
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trilerian
I can only comment for my local track (small black carpet) over the last few years, and only a few bodies since I don’t try them all either. And they seem to go out of style now pretty quickly. Last year at this time the type-s was king at my track. We ran this over the Mazda 6, Ltcr, and the bitty 410. Those were pretty much the last bodies that resembled real cars. The type-s was just faster and had more steering without having to be mounted a mile forward. I ran the type-s until I switched tc chassis, then went to the Racer body since it was in most of the setups. The Racer is in my opinion a very stable body, maybe just a bit too locked in, but overall a great body. Now I have just recently switched tc chassis again and the new car being mid motor, long arms, and higher roll centers needs something a little different. And this is where the new bodies seem to shine. I am now driving a Turismo which is a very aggressive body. It reminds me of foam tire days for the steering, but the rear isn’t stable at all. But when I put the Racer back on, the car just doesn’t feel good. With that said, the dbx and twister are on my list to try. But who knows when. I have a handful of brand new shells that will never see paint because the bodies have gone out of style, so now I only buy new ones when I need them.

Anyway, I’ll sum this up;
Racer - great body, seems very stable and you have to tune your car to be aggressive.
Type-s - more steering, especially at the end of a sweeper, great for high speed corners.
Turismo - Super aggressive, the rear is not very stable, in my opinion, but can be wicked fast when the car is tuned for it.

What I am looking for is a shell that is as aggressive as the Turismo, but a bit more stable in the rear. I’ve just painted the Turismo in the ultra light to see if it helps.
I have a Turismo and it is aggressive. If you Turismo is breaking loose in the rear try moving the wing back to the rear position. It has 3 set holes and I have mine in middle. I did that with the Zoo HellCat and it was stuck in the rear. BTW the Hellcat by Zoo is a pretty good body.
I have yet to find a body that is faster than my trusty Type S. They have been equal speed but never faster. I do like the Turismo and have only ran it one time. I think it has some promise and it perhaps could be faster than the Type S. For me I need to practice a little bit more when the lap counter is on and try different lines on the track.