R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - $300 RDLogics SHO 1/8th buggy RTR
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2005, 09:25 PM
lazydel
Tech Rookie

Default SHO buggy

My thoughts on this buggy after my first race with it at Revalation Raceway in Ontario Ca.

I am very happy... I made myself a promise not to do any unecassary upgrades on this buggy. I am running the original motor pipe and everthing only thing changed is are the pistons inside the shocks. The shock pistons that come on the buggy are crap and have to be replace almost immediately. That is it nothing else needs to be changed for this buggy to be competitive... Oh crap I lied the CVD pens are bevelled and break pretty easily replace them with better ones. 25$ in upgrades...

I am so happy with the performance of the engine also... long story short it is fast not 300$ italian motor fast, but faster than you'll need for a reasonably sized track.

Buggy is sturdy I've only broken the two parts that i mentioned.

I have tried racing on the cheap in the past and have been burned hard. Ive owned a Kyosho 7.5 sports, and a XTM terminator, both of these buggies are initially more expensive than the SHO and require major upgrading to race. by the time I gave up on the 7.5 sports I'd spent what it would have cost to buy a kanai III =( I wont even go into the XTM nightmare. This buggy is a godsend for anyone who wants to race without breaking the bank

Lastly I raced alongside MP777's, MBX5's, and Hyper Pros today took second in my class with a 300$ RTR buggy very satisfying