R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Building a Nitro Buggy - New to Nitro
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2020, 04:30 PM
10racer
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smash8ight
Keep in mind most 8th scale buggy motors are bump start.......what that means is fly wheel is smaller and motor mount is lower.most cars with pullstarts have larger flywheel and taller motor mounts.
I would suggest starting your experience out with a less expensive engine but a new engine.that way you can figure out the break in and tuning with instructions on carb settings to start.
you will need a pull start engine with a small pull start,unless you want a bump box.....another expense that I don't think you were planning.
+1 Buying your first nitro kit persay is like having a baby @17 you are scared to death but you always make because you study others. That is my suggestion too, watch videos of the pro drivers mechanics and elite drivers. There is your best information of what to expect and what not to do. Trust me most folks get scared but it is being patient is the game my friend. Engine learning I say two for sure maybe 3. #1 Adam Drake, #2 Gord Tessman, #3 King. The S/H engine line is affordable and easy to train on.