R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Indoor Clay Tires
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2019, 12:58 PM
Losiracer12
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trf211
Dirt webs are pushy but stable, they are good to use to numb down one side of the buggy if it is overpowering the other end. The ellipse will provide more grip everywhere compared to the dirtwebs.

Electron front and positron rear is a very popular combo. In my experience the electron F have the most side and forward grip. The electron R have a square profile which is great for straighter lines but corners inconsistent. The positron R has a rounded profile which is much more balanced side and forward bite. I personally liked the tread of the electron rear but the tire profile just doesn't work as well for some of us, they did make an electron lite that had a round profile and drove amazing but seems they discontinued it.

On our clay track my favorite tires are some ghost pin positron S3's, for some reason the MC compound makes the buggy feel more ontop of the track and slide more. The track temp and air temps aren't even high either, which everyone seems to rant about them only working for high temps, so sometimes things are worth testing for yourself.
what is your home track?