R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent X20
Thread: Serpent X20
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2019, 12:08 PM
Johnny Wishbone
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Well, after a entire weekend of running this car at a away race and now getting it on my home track to do some testing here are a couple observations. Take this into consideration, all the runs are on black carpet, so your experience could vary.
- the base setup gives a very neutral feeling car with a slight under steer.
- if your running the car without any of the stiffener options on a aluminum chassis, you can actually see the for and aft flex of the car move thru the top deck and is mostly in the forward section of the car. This flex is enough that even with proper belt tension it is possible to throw the front belt on impact. I haven't broken a top deck but have thrown the belt a couple times now. The only fix that seemed to work for me is to use a post just behind the servo to the top deck. (You can see the top deck is drilled for a 3mm screw)
- using any of the rear stiffener options seems to lock the car down even more, it increases side and forward grip, which creates more under steer.
- that second cage around the front bumper should be trimmed off, it was the same on the 411 and just bends down eventually causing drag and push on the car.
- so far I have had no diff or shock leakage and both items feel very smooth, the diff specifically feels much better than the 411 did, so if you're still running a 411 this could be a good upgrade.
-one of the adjustments on the car that is not explained.
- the upper rear arm adjustment is for adjusting the wheelbase of the car, I think 1mm on the spacer is about 0.5mm change.

I'll post up a link to my setup once I find something that works for my track. I will also have some build tips to follow shortly.