R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - GL Racing GLF F1 Chassis
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2019, 02:08 PM
art4242
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by EMU
I think the car has real potential, but I just didn't have any luck with it when i was on the track in Detroit. New steering llinks are available, which should help most of the issues that I was having. My car was handling pretty good in practice, but just when I started to try to tighten the line or push the car a little is when I would bang and break.

I think if my front wing design were better, or the link held up, I would have had a different tone. Hopefully I can get more track time soon with it to work out some of the setup...
Even using the roller wings our group has had a few broken parts. I've broken the carbon wing once, another racer broke two carbons (in back to back races!), and another broke the plastic front wing mount. I think if you hit a corner just right the rollers don't roll and the wing takes the entire perpendicular load and the weakest point breaks. Not quite sure how to address this, I think the best bet would be a larger carbon piece with more material around the screw holes, in conjunction with the alu or brass wing mount. In the meantime I've stocked up on spare carbons.

We have not broken any servo links yet though.