R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent X20
Thread: Serpent X20
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2019, 04:13 PM
KUI
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Brian10811
Race 3: Black carpet Snowbirds warm-up race.
I wish I could say it was a good experience but it was not good for my X20.
I struggled with traction roll the entire 2 days of practice and race day. Perhaps the reason was I am running a carbon chassis which I primarily run on concrete/ asphalt. From the moment of arrival which the track was a little green I was fighting traction roll. I started off with the close setup that KUI provided above and found that I needed to work on the settings. I started off decreasing droop to around 1.5 mm and I started shimming up the upper links which helped but I never could really find a comfortable setting. Based on my lap times and the feel of the car, I was way off pace. The faster guys were 10.8 and less but I could not get below 11.3. I felt the car was always on edge of flipping and floating on the track. My USGT car (T4 18) did not have any problems with the traction roll and handled very well. It did have a aluminum chassis on my Xray, perhaps that was the big difference.
I did learn alot about the car and what adjustments seem to help. I think it will help me next time I attend my local treated concrete track. Lets hope my Race 4 results will be better.
Yeah, your gonna need the aluminum chassis for black. carpet