R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Project: Break in Dutch machine
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2019, 11:59 AM
GeorgeCk
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Roelof
I only run 400 RPM because my model has only a geared brushed motor. (My 1st buils has an adjustable up to 900rpm, I only use it on high pinch engines on higher revs. Normal pinch engines do not need an high revs, and if you think you do, then first start a few minutes with a low speed to go easy on the surface of the piston.
- start to heat up the system to 100 degrees. (celcius)
- start the motor and let it run.
- after an half hour you can put it back to 85 degrees
- let it run for 3 hours
- the lower the temp to 65 degrees and let it run for 30 min up to an hour.
- switch it all off and let it cool down.

With a current meter in the line of the motor I can see the current is a tiny bit up when lowering the temperature. I also know the start and the reasonable finish current so with tight or loose pinch engines you can see if it takes less or more time.

With the EBIS it should be possible as well, you can use any multimeter on the current setting in the power line of the steppermotor controler. Although a stepper has a different kind of current draw, a change in the force on the shaft should be seen.

Funny to see that RCtarget is finetuning their system with my ideas.
Thank you very much for the above details.
I only have one concern. In the ebis the engine seats like it seat in the car, but with the diy systems the engine faced up. What may be the problem with the conrod? Can the conrod be damaged or pop of the crankshaft? If there is no room to make a backplate to hold the the conrod on the crank what can be done? I know that the conrod cannot pop off the crank pin completely but as I can see it can move out of the crank pin a little.
Thank you very much for your time and experience sharing!!!
​​