Thread: stock racers
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2005, 03:17 AM
Mr. Shookie
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by BrainTeased
hey guys you are right it was setup!!!
but its also driving style that has to be changed!

Charles: i use a KO Mars R with half the adjustments untouched!

but next week im going for a very soft setting with no sway bars at all. soft springs soft oil, 3 hole pistons etc..etc..!! and 6mm ride hieight all round so the car can roll, as right now even though my car is some what settled its not smooth and scrubs and bounces around some corners.
Carfull not to change too much too fast as you won't know what each change does.
I suggest you start off with one change at a time. Run at least ten GOOD laps before you deside if the change helped or hindered. If it helped take a literal note of it. ( I keep a setup sheet handy when doing tests). Once you are satsified your change was helpful than move on to the next change. If the change wasn't helpful than put it back.
Here is what I do.
I put my car to the Manual Stock settings for each track. Than go through the adjustments to help for that track.
Than make a setup sheet for each track...You will notice most PROs and sponcered guys doing this also.
Once you get a good base handling than stop changing and start PACTICING.
This is where you will notice the most performance. Sometimes I won't change from the stock settings and just PRACTICE and that is the best setup.
PRACTICE & GOOD Setup beats most SETUPs and little practice.
Just knowing the track and its layout and its corners makes you faster. Than as you learn the track you can say ok the car has a little understeer and than you can make minor changes to fix that. AND SO ON...
This advice will save you countless hours of tinkering and more time running also if you don't know exactly what is wrong with it, ask someone who is at the track that is fast and ask them to watch do a couple of laps and they can point you in the right direction.
Hope this helps,
Stephen <><