R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Inferno GT3 (MP9 TK14)
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2019, 08:56 AM
scary_jerry
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by transplantlife
Regarding the kyosho GT3

Has anyone tried different springs like serpent, xray, mugen?? Just wondering as I'm to GT onroad.

Thanks🏁
I don't remember the car make the shocks and springs came from but a friend was using some 'red colored' (not RED brand)
shocks and springs on his Kyosho GT with some success on our local 'short' sized track. It was very evident though that at a large on-road event at a nice big track he was experiencing some weird performance problem. He was encouraged to 'switch back to your stock Kyosho pieces'. DIFFERENCE was 'night and day'. Car ran like it was supposed to. I always found 'stock' Kyosho springs with experimenting with shock oil weights were productive. Standard started at 1,000 weight and found it's way
to 800 or 600 with many drivers.

The most important change would be making the installation of the new Kyosho steering carriers to reduce the ridiculous
caster angle. Until that,.........'no joy'. If Kyosho would make them 'standard' in GT2 and GT3 cars and bring back GT1 car, they might find a few Kyosho cars show up on podiums again !!