R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Antiquated rules keep new comers away...
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2019, 04:02 PM
huckleberry
Tech Apprentice

i have to agree that the 10 post limit is a good idea. i actually had some malware installed from a post that i clicked from another rc forum that installed and rendered my win 10 based computer useless. it was in all reality a microsoft program. it sat between the system bios and the windows itself. not only was the computer not accessible, but even a full reinstall would not correct the problem. it was a cheap computer and i did not lose any data as i was able to plug the HD into another computer to salvage the data. i worked with MS on this and this was the best solution that they could come up with. fortunately it only existed for about a month before the vulnerability was closed. additionally, i feel that the site has done a good job of limiting those posters whose sole goal seems to be to leave an arrogant response. i must commend Roelof for a response he recently left regarding what can be at times a frustrating experience using the search feature. i posted a similar frustration once. instead of a useful response, i was savaged in the thread. i abhor both internet warriors and FB so this is an important resource and repository of information for me. in fact, if there is a way that i can thank the people that make this site work i'd love to know.....