R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2005, 10:19 PM
JAG Racing
Tech Regular

Default Re: Newbie Question

Originally posted by tonym29803
I must say I love this sight. I've had my new R40 for a few days and have been reading on this thread even before I bought it. I have been playing with off-road and got the bug when visiting Atlanta and watched a local nitro car race for the afternoon.

I hate to ask this question, but I have searched for a while. I have downloaded a few set-up sheets and have the directions that came with the car.

I'm not sure how to look at a set-up sheet and know exactly what to do. The kit directions don't give any detail. My problem is that I think I have everything set the same in the rear but my tires are at different angles. Just slight enough to cause me some problems.

Here's the question. Is there any documents out there to help with these adjustments? I can keep adjusting things but I'm afraid to make it worse.

Thanks for any info.

One thing about the R40 is that if you use the correct spacers as desribed in the instructions you are at a pretty nuetral set-up that should work OK. I assume you referring to the camber adjustments? This is the adjustment that makes the top of the tires "lean" in. The fronts are easily set using spacers while the rear of the car uses a top camber links that is adjustable. I assume this is the adjustment you are referring to. A good starting point is about 2 degrees (negative). In other words, the top of the tire leans in towards the chassis by 2 degrees (from perpendicular).

CHeck this out under FAQS in HPI website

http://www.hpiracing.com/index2.htm

.... then goto "Tuning Guide"......then "Level One..."

Let us know if you have a specific question on this.

Last edited by JAG Racing; 04-29-2005 at 10:27 PM.